Archive for the ‘Home Improvement’ Category
Re-modelling a house is both fun and taxing, especially if you don’t know what you’re doing. If you’re dead set on making this re-modelling on your own, there are some simple tips you can follow. Begin with one room, and if you’ve decided on a recreation room, then this post is for you.
Turning your cellar or basement into a recreation area
The cellar is perhaps one of the easiest parts of the house to remodel. Why is this so? Your cellar has a lot of unused space, and so moving furniture around won’t have to be a problem. You will only be faced with the problem of removing clutter. Once you’ve done that, try and assess your cellar for lighting, condition, and space.
If you’ve got good natural lighting from already present windows, then you won’t have to worry about the space. The lighter the surrounding, the larger the space will appear. If the condition of your cellar is still good, which means to say the duct work is good, ventilation is in order, and no molds and mildew cleanup has to be done, then you’re on the right track. Lastly, measure the space that you have. This will give you the dimensions you need, especially when you want to put in furniture.
Choose the right equipment
If you’re going to turn your cellar into a recreation area, what better way to do it than with pool tables? Pool is a fun game to play that draws your guests into having a fun time. However, when you want to put in a billiards table, there are some necessary things you must consider:
- The price of a pool table can be quite expensive. If you’re shop-smart, you can go on thrift stores, flea markets, or garage sales and check out if they have a pool table that they can sell for less. If you want a pool table that’s for informal use only and is brand new, you can buy one for less than £1,000, which can serve you for many years.
- Measure your room to see if the pool table can fit. This is where the measurements you initially took will come in. There are pool tables so large that they won’t be able to fit in a small space. You also need to add room for the cue stick of the table and also for the stroke. Remember, you and your guests need to be able to move around as well.
- Check the quality of the playing surface. Cheap tables come with cheap surfaces such as plastic-covered particle board or MDF. The type of surface can affect your play, but if you’re only using it informally, then this won’t be a problem at all.
- Check the pool table’s appearance. This is a large piece of furniture. You don’t want it to look too imposing; you want it to blend in, so choose one that fits your room’s theme. There are hardwood tables as well as wood laminate tables that you can choose from. You can even have one custom-made to really fit your surroundings.
- Check the rails and cushions. You want rails made of wood rather than rails made of particle boards. You also want cushions from high-grade rubber with a canvas backing. This not only looks good but makes for better play.
Donald Henricks trains the youth that enroll in his pool training programmer. He teaches them on several pool tables installed in his home basement. He also blogs about the drills he uses so that others will learn about them too.
Incoming search terms:
- billiards home use
What to Consider when Looking for Villa Rentals in Tuscany
Nowadays Villa holidays are very popular modes of accommodation when it comes to holidaying in Tuscany. These Villas allow the tourists with the freedom to come and go as you please, do what you want as well as extra space to relax along with the privacy you need to enjoy the Tuscan countryside. You may be looking for a romantic getaway for two, or a family villa holiday, there are certain points for you to consider which will help you find the right Tuscany Villa Rental.
How To Look For Villa Rentals in Tuscany
- Search Online: In order to make your search easier, faster as well as quicker and in most cases even cheaper, you must search online. By searching online you will be able to compare prices for many of the Tuscany Villa Rental at once. It also becomes possible for you to check out the photographs and brochures. You can even get in touch with the villa owners directly. The more information which you collect the better and the internet makes this easier than ever before and that too from the comforts of your home.
- By searching online, it becomes one of the easiest ways to cut the cost of a Tuscany Villa Rental. For those of you who may be looking to rent a villa in Tuscany this summer, you must look at sites such as the Lucca Villa Rental who specialize in villas for rent in Tuscany. The specialist sites such as this focus on villa rental. Moreover, such sites are able to reduce their costs and pass these savings on to you.
- Transport: This is another important point to look into as you must take into consideration the fact as to how you’re going to reach your villa. Those of you who are planning to drive in Tuscany have their options more open. Most of the Tuscan villas are located along country lanes that are difficult to reach without a car of your own. Tourists who are relying on public transport should check the closeness of any rental villas you’re considering to hire has the train and bus connections.
- Location: You should know that Tuscany is a large and rural area that is largely varied. Before looking for the Tuscany Villa Rentalthink about the kind of holiday experience you would want to have. Those of you who are looking to simply get away from it all and enjoy your villa and its surroundings, then you should consider villas with that have a larger outdoor space. If you are interested in using your villa as a base from which to travel to a neighboring city and its attractions such as Florence and Sienna then it but obvious that you’ll want to take into consideration the travel time from your villa to these cities.
Go ahead and enjoy your stay in Tuscany in a Tuscany Villa Rentals.
- Tuscany: Beyond the Major Cities(flipkey.com)
- Five Reasons Why Italy is a Top Tourist Destination | Plans 2 Travel(plans2travel.co.uk)
Incoming search terms:
- tuscany villas accommodation
My wife and I were discussing whether the it was time to look for a new house. There are some additional features that we would love to have, but are not currently available in our current home. With the addition of 3 kids since we moved, in we really need to get some separation space so the kids can have their area as well. So we were thinking, what would be our home improvement project we could do, that would add value, and not have to relocate.
We came up with finishing our basement and upgrading our bathroom with a sunken tub and new master shower.The basement would include a game room for the kids, and a surround sound theater.
The master bath would include a larger sunken tub, that would have the marble backsplash, and the shower would be a walk-in with some of the newer ceramic tiles that actually make them more resistance to bacteria and mildew.