Archive for the ‘travel’ Category
Top Christmas Market To Travel To During Lifetime
When it’s Christmas, it’s all about feasts, shopping and family get-together. As the world celebrate Christmas, we bring you the list of places you must visit to shop at least once in your life. A lot of places world over have been popular as Christmas markets, which offer traditional gifts, food without, which the fesitve season is incomplete. Here are the top places you must travel to this holiday season.
- Am-dom: This German market is the most popular of all. Located in Cologne, it is one of the four markets the city has every December. With millions coming to enjoy the festive spirit and the zeal, it offers wooden toys, ginger bread, cotton candy and hand-made crafts with merry-go-around and puppet theatre for kids. The main attraction of the market is the big Christmas tree around, which more than 150 stalls are placed.
- Memorial Church Market-Berlin: Every year markets of Berlin awake the sentiments of Christmas with its classic yet modern setting of stalls with wooden art and crafts, installed in old-styled huts. The market reminds of the World War II and is one of the busiest markets in Berlin, which witnesses more than 4 million visitors every year during the Christmas month. You can shop for the latest and the finest jewelry along with antique collection from Europe’s best designers.
- Striezelmarkt: Another German Market, with its tradition starting from 1434, brings you the best fruit cake on every Christmas. Find latest and the finest art work here during Christmas. Shop for fine ceramics and witness the parade of 3000kg sweet fruit cake especially made in the shape of loaf, one of the rituals in the oldest market of Germany Dresden.
- Christkindlmarkt: If you have not seen Vienna during the pre-Christmas days you have missed on the place visited by millions. Themed trees, handy-crafts, decorated food items and lot of gift options are available from mid-November till Christmas. One of the pieces that you must buy is the Natural beeswax Candle. Also, look forward to see the December Choirs, which arrive in Vienna from early December.
- Copenhagen Treat: Copenhagen is a delight for kids and travelers looking for the real Christmas fun. With sweets, delicious hot apple Dumplings, the visitors enjoy ice-skating on the lake converted into an outdoor ring. You must buy the Danish Mulled Wine and get a picture clicked of the “Father Christmas” who poses especially in the Leprechaun Tent with so many other actors.
- Nurumberg Market: The best of Europe market that combines the traditional feel of the Christmas with the Spirit of the December. Under the slope of Frauenkirche, there are stalls selling hand-made wooden toys and gingerbread along with sticky sweet and honey, which are a favorite of locals. Beautifully decorated, you can witness some amazing Jazz performances live in the festive season.
- Grand Place Market, Brussels: The Commercial hub of Brussels is changed into a grand fair starting from the December 23rd. You will get the best Christmas cuisine of the world and can buy preserved foods, fruits, and baked food commodities. With carols in the background, live singers roaming in the crowd you can see the wooden huts, which represent different European countries. Binge on the Amazing Belgian Chocolates and go for Ice Skating that is recreated area of the existing fish market.
- Marienplatz: This Munich shopping place behind the Crib place started in the seventeenth century and has over 140 stalls with Christmas greetings, jewelry, art and craft. The evening lights up with the choirs and live performances by brass band as you shop for wood carvings, glass baubles. You can also let you children participate in painting for the Christmas free of cost in the town hall.
- Vanocni Trh: The vanocni or the Christmas market as said in Prague is the ideal for festivities and family shopping. The largest market setting for Christmas is placed at the Old Square, which bring together the adults and the kid where they can celebrate Christmas amidst snow. Thin covering of snow, cultural events, Concerts, play on Christmas is the main attraction including different animals for the kids. Remember to shop for the Bohemian Crystals and hand-made stocking fillers other than candles and toys.
About Author Bio : Neha Aggarwal is an eminent analyst and writer in Travel & Tourism related topics. She has authored many books on tour guide for Hotel La Suite Delhi. Now She is rendering her services to http://www.hotellasuitedelhi.com/
Incoming search terms:
- palermo ryan home outside images
- ryan homes rome model
- wood for snow constructions
Welcome to the Alpineiglu Village
If you fancy a luxurious stay in a winter retreat, here’s a new spin on the idea: Alpineiglu Village. Made entirely of snow and ice, is part of the largest ski resort in Austria, Skiwelt Wilder Kaiser Brixental and can be found in the tranquil heart of the Tyrolean Mountains.
With seven suites, a restaurant, a bar, a chapel and prices beginning at 185€ per person, per night, this is a real treat for those who love snow and ice. Guests are welcomed with a drink at the Icebar Eristoff, before being shown to their suites.
If you’re wondering how you would sleep in a snow-room, guests are given a snow-proof mattress, Reindeer hides and sleeping bags. Bring some extra layers; you will be getting dressed to go to bed.
Dinner of a meat fondue is served at a crystal-clear ice table and, for those aren’t ready for bed, a moonlit walk by fire-torch in the snowy forest. If you’re there in a Wednesday, you’ll be treated to a Shaman baptism. The owners won’t reveal what’s involved, so if you’ve had one, please tell us about it in the comments section below.
All guests are invited to a tour of Ice Lane, a large exhibition made, of course, of ice. Each year, the exhibition follows a different theme. Guests may also make their own ice sculpture with the help of a professional ice sculptor.
For the truly romantic among you snow and ice lovers, there is a chapel where you can marry. Suites are decorated to inspire romance. The entire hotel is lit beautifully with soft blues, reds and purples and once all the skiers are gone, you’ll be guaranteed a tranquil night.
For a new take on the ski chalet holiday, try the Alpineiglu Village, open from December until March.
This post was contributed by Marie-Paule Graham, who writes for www.chaletfinder.co.uk.
Right now there are so many good places to choose from for a honeymoon that you will always remember. There are all inclusive deals where everything you need is included and all you have to do is decide what resort activity you want to enjoy next. It’s a vacation that everybody should experience at least once in their lifetime. What better than for a honeymoon?
Choosing the perfect place is important. If your looking for beautiful scenery, sunny tropical weather, and a great beach area, somewhere there is plenty to do as well as opportunities to just relax and enjoy some quiet time together, an all inclusive resort can usually meet these needs quite well.
My wife and I have talked about taking a second honeymoon maybe in Negril Jamaica, or another area in the Caribbean. Negril Beach is supposed to be one of the most beautiful in the world.
Some of the all all inclusive holidays that we have seen recently are very affordable because of the good value the packages provide. A quality resort will have a variety of great dining options so that there is a varied food choice.
There are some beautiful Jamaica hotels that are right along the beach, including ones in Negril. The locals are friendly and speak some English but you will want to get a guide book to help you appreciate the local culture.
Among the Ocho Rios hotels in Jamaica are small family run hotels and excellent all inclusive resorts. Many of the all inclusive resorts have special honeymoon packages that include great little extras to make your vacation just that little bit more special.
Searching for vacation package deals will be the easy part, just finding time to do all things that you want to do once you arrive will be the tricky part.
If you are looking for a place to get away too and really see paradise then Maui is the place. With the popularity of the islands the concern is how much growth to allow while maintaining the natural ecosystem of the islands. A new term that we have come to know is “ecotourism” This is where tourism and nature are mutually exclusive to sustain the local culture while providing tourism to grow and flourish. Since the tourism brings in over $3 Billion dollars to the Maui alone it is imperative that there be eco-friendly places to rent that is economically sound and culturally based.
There are many things to do that are “eco”friendly like seeing the water falls to getting out on a Maui Fishing trip to see the sea life and take back some of the fresh fish of the sea. The trip to Hana can be found on Maui and one that I recommend, but ready to use your indy road car skills. Maui is actually an island formed by two volcano’s and looks something like a figure eight. The eastern half is the younger and larger part of the island with Mount Haleakala as it’s volcano. This side of Maui is both wetter and drier than the western side of the island. It is wetter on the Northern shore and drier on the Southern shore. The North side of the island is not the tourist section, but the road to Hana is famous. This is a tropical drive that you need to take at least once. With all the rain you get on this part of the island, you will see numerous waterfalls and will be on a road that has over 500 hairpin turns and 50 one lane bridges. The trip is 52 miles long, but will take from 2 to 4 hours to make on highway 360 (Hana Highway). But whether you are taking a Maui Charter Fishing trip or taking the road to Hana you will find plenty on this more relaxed island.
With golf courses, tennis, scuba diving, surfing, and snorkeling nearby, Kauai is ideal for the perfect getaway. There are so many activities that you can enjoy are tours to the Waimea Canyon, take catamaran tours to Napali , helicopter tours, and more. We have snorkled off the shore and taking part in authentic Luaus where you are treated to an evening of eating, dancing, and entertainment.The people of Kuai are inviting and are very helpful in providing guides around the island and telling stories of the island. The other great benefit of Kuai is that it is less traveled than the Maui, and The Big Island so your stay is more relaxed and the beauty of the island is truly unmatched. Watch the sunset from your villa while enjoying a mai tai, or get up early to comb the beaches.
As a business professional traveler who frequently has to carry my laptop and documents to my trips the new Tumi laptop and briefcase offers some great advantages.. Tumis has introduced a a new piece that incorporates heavy-duty FXT Ballistic nylon fabric, in-line skate wheels, telescoping upright handle, and a removable padded laptop sleeve. This will carry your laptop and all the important documents needed for a successful business trip. Visit Tumi at Luggage Online to get more information on where to order.
Here is a great picture to illustrate the room and organization that you will enjoy with your new Tumi.